Welcome to the North End Women’s Centre!
“Celebrating 30 Years”
We are a registered non-profit organization and have been providing programs and services to the women in Winnipeg since 1984.
Women in charge of their own lives
The North End Women’s Centre is a community based organization that provides women with support, knowledge, and opportunity as they move forward on their journey towards independence and healthier lifestyle.
The North End Women’s Centre’s objectives are:
- To facilitate opportunities for women to connect with each other and other resources in the community;
- To educate and support women affected by violence in ways to help them keep safe, heal, and develop healthy relationships;
- To support women in reducing their use of addictive substances and educate them on healthier ways of coping;
- To assist women in improving their economic well-being and increasing their financial independence;
- To challenge the structural barriers experienced by women and assist them in navigating through existing systems;
- To provide women with transitional housing and assist them in finding safe and/or stable housing;
- To provide women and children they skills and knowledge they need to build a healthy parent-child relationship;
- To actively participate in the community development and community economic development initiatives of the North End;
- To encourage women to take care of all aspects of self including their body, mind, emotions, and spirit; and
- To provide quality services to women and children.
To download our by-laws in preparation for our September 26, 2014 AGM, click HERE
Click HERE to download our brochure.
Click HERE to download an article about our social enterprise, the Up Shoppe, published in the 2010/2011 United Way Annual Report.