All women are welcome in our drop-in area that looks like a living room. There is so much to do here. Women can:
- Watch TV
- Use our free community phone
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea
- Receive information about and register for programs and upcoming groups and workshops
- Socialize with other women and NEWC staff
- See the Chiropractor, Dr Kluke, that volunteers each Monday
- Read a newspaper or a magazine
- Check housing lists
- Receive information about programs and services offered by other agencies and government organizations
- Search for a job in our binder with constantly update job postings.
The Information and Referral Specialist is very knowledgeable about the programs and services offered by other non-profit agencies and government offices. She refers women to suitable NEWC services or to other organizations offering programs that meet the needs of each participant.