This program improves children’s:
- Healthy growing
- Social skills
- Healthy coping skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Self esteem
- and much more!
Children, together with the Children’s Coordinator, learn new skills, do crafts, play games, and have lots of fun.
Children spend time with the Children’s Coordinator and other children learning how to share, taking turns, listening, playing games, and making new friends.
Support sessions are open to children of women who are attending counselling appointments and/or group sessions at the North End Women’s Centre.
Stay ‘n’ Play
(photo: Stay ‘n’ Play, Christmas 2014)
- Runs every Tuesday from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Women and their children aged 0-6 years old take part in crafts, activities, and games while learning how to connect in healthy ways.
- Different theme every week.
- Open to all mothers /caregivers.
Caregivers learn ways to:
- Keep their children safe
- Deal with difficult behavior
- Improve their children’s self-esteem
- Maintain schedules and routines
- Understand the impact of domestic violence on children