NEWC offers many programs and services including:
- Addictions Continuing and Ongoing Recovery Program
- Short and long term individual counselling
- Various groups and workshops
- Drop-in area with free coffee, TV and information and referral services
- Drumming Group – the Buffalo Gals
- Children’s program
- Health & Wellness programs including physical activity, Cultural activities, and healthy eating
- Transitional Housing
- Basic needs assistance and advocacy
- Employment programs and clothing referrals through our social enterprise, the Up Shoppe
NEWC has strict service delivery policies and procedures to ensure that we always provide high quality services and programs to our participants.
NEWC conducts surveys in the community to identified the most needed service. Evaluation forms filled in by our participants are monitored to identify trends and needs. Programs are developed based on the results from the survey, the participant evaluation forms, and observations.